Please click read more and read the important information below.
Please be aware that the coverage provided under Section 1.2 - Cancellation cover as a result of COVID-19, applies if it is necessary and unavoidable to cancel your planned trip. You are covered, notwithstanding General Exclusions 30 and 31, for cancellation as a result of an insured person testing positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the trip departure date, or an insured person being admitted to hospital due to testing positive for COVID-19 within 28 days of the trip departure date.
Section 1.2 - Cancellation cover as a result of COVID-19 does not provide cover for any claim relating to coronavirus (COVID-19):
- for any claims for curtailment of the trip due to COVID-19;
- if you are advised to quarantine or you choose to self-isolate due to a person you have come into contact with having COVID-19;
- if a medical professional advises you not to travel as you have underlying health conditions that place you ‘at a higher risk’ from COVID-19;
- if the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office(FCDO) advise against all (or all but essential) travel to your intended destination;
- if local government restrictions or directives prohibiting or restricting entry (for example, self isolation, quarantine or lockdown measures) to your intended destination or on your return home;
- for any costs of COVID-19 testing;
- for any claim where a relative, travelling companion or close business colleague not insured on the policy contracts or shows symptoms of COVID-19.
For Section 2 - Emergency Medical Expenses, cover is now available for your chosen level of cover for the necessary costs incurred as a result of you sustaining unexpected symptoms of or testing positive for COVID-19 or death during your trip in respect of; additional travel and accommodation expenses (on a bed & breakfast basis) to enable you to return home if you are unable to travel as originally planned. A maximum amount of £2,000 per insured person applies if you have to extend your trip because you have tested positive for COVID-19 as well as additional travel and accommodation expenses (on a bed & breakfast basis) for a travelling companion to stay with you and accompany you home, or a relative or friend to travel from your home country to stay with you and accompany you home.
There is no cover under ALL other sections of cover for any claims directly or indirectly related to a pandemic and/or epidemic including but not limited to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
For full policy terms, conditions and exclusions please see your policy wording.
PLEASE REMEMBER: It is essential that you check the latest advice outlined by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) at www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice before departure. Our policies will NOT provide cover under any section of the policy if you travel to a country or specific area, where prior to travel, the FCDO are advising against all (or all but essential) travel.
We can provide Travel Insurance where the FCDO is advising against All Travel or All but Essential Travel with our High Risk Voyager product.