Car Hire Insurance
Posted in General on 11 January 2013
We have recently improved our Voyager Car Hire Excess policy in order to give more cover and better value for money, so you can have peace of mind that if you rent a car and accidentally damage it you will not be left with a large excess to pay to the hire car company.
Voyager Car Hire Insurance polices are available on an annual multi-trip or daily rate basis, with cover for either European or Worldwide rentals. All policies include cover if you are also renting a vehicle in the UK.
Compared to last year’s policy, we have increased the maximum excess you are able to claim back to a value of £5,000 for European policies and up to £50,000 Worldwide policies.
We have also added additional benefits to the policy for even better cover and value for money, including:
- £500 Baggage – in the event personal belongings are stolen from your locked hire car
- £10,000 Personal accident – providing you with a benefit payment if you are unlucky enough to be seriously injured whilst travelling in your hire car
- £1,000 Road rage cover – a benefit payment if you are injured by another person in an unprovoked road rage incident
- £300 Curtailment of rental – in case your rental is cancelled or cut short on the advice of a physician
- £100 Lock out cover – if you are unintentionally locked out of your rental vehicle with the keys inside
Our policy still covers many things that are not covered by many rental company’s excess waiver policies, such as:
- Damage to the glass, tyres or underbody of the vehicle
- Key cover – in case the keys to the rental vehicle are lost or stolen
- Miss-fuelling – if you put the wrong type of fuel in the rental car
These additional benefits make the Voyager Car Hire Insurance policy great value for money giving cover far in excess of policies provided by hire car companies.
For more information click here