Voyager Plus Travel Insurance
Single Trip, Annual Multi-Trip & Long Stay Travel Insurance for UK & EEA Residents of Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland and Spain
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING VOYAGER PLUS TRAVEL INSURANCE & COVID–19 / CORONAVIRUS
This policy will ONLY provide cover for claims directly or indirectly related to a pandemic and/or epidemic, including but not limited to Coronavirus (COVID–19) within the following sections:
Section 1.2 - Cancellation cover as a result of COVID-19
Section 2 - Emergency Medical Expenses & Repatriation - Additional Travel and Accommodation Expenses in respect of COVID-19
Please click read more and read the important information below.Read more
Please be aware that the coverage provided under Section 1.2 - Cancellation cover as a result of COVID-19, applies if it is necessary and unavoidable to cancel your planned trip. You are covered, notwithstanding General Exclusions 30 and 31, for cancellation as a result of an insured person testing positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the trip departure date, or an insured person being admitted to hospital due to testing positive for COVID-19 within 28 days of the trip departure date.
Section 1.2 - Cancellation cover as a result of COVID-19 does not provide cover for any claim relating to coronavirus (COVID-19):
- for any claims for curtailment of the trip due to COVID-19;
- if you are advised to quarantine or you choose to self-isolate due to a person you have come into contact with having COVID-19;
- if a medical professional advises you not to travel as you have underlying health conditions that place you ‘at a higher risk’ from COVID-19;
- if the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office(FCDO) advise against all (or all but essential) travel to your intended destination;
- if local government restrictions or directives prohibiting or restricting entry (for example, self isolation, quarantine or lockdown measures) to your intended destination or on your return home;
- for any costs of COVID-19 testing;
- for any claim where a relative, travelling companion or close business colleague not insured on the policy contracts or shows symptoms of COVID-19.
For Section 2 - Emergency Medical Expenses, cover is now available for your chosen level of cover for the necessary costs incurred as a result of you sustaining unexpected symptoms of or testing positive for COVID-19 or death during your trip in respect of; additional travel and accommodation expenses (on a bed & breakfast basis) to enable you to return home if you are unable to travel as originally planned. A maximum amount of £2,000 per insured person applies if you have to extend your trip because you have tested positive for COVID-19 as well as additional travel and accommodation expenses (on a bed & breakfast basis) for a travelling companion to stay with you and accompany you home, or a relative or friend to travel from your home country to stay with you and accompany you home.
Please Note: There is no cover for any costs of COVID-19 testing, unless you are admitted to hospital as an in-patient outside of your home country, as a result of an accident or illness that is covered under section 2 - Emergency Medical Expenses.
There is no cover under Section 1.2: Cancellation or Curtailment, Section 2: Emergency Medical Expenses and Section 3: Hospital Stay Benefit, unless you have received the recommended number of doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (including any booster) recommended by the Government of the country in which you ordinarily reside, 14 days prior to your trip commencing. This vaccination requirement shall not apply where you were ineligible for vaccination, or unable to receive the vaccine for medical reasons, and this is shown in your medical records.
There is no cover under ALL other sections of cover for any claims directly or indirectly related to a pandemic and/or epidemic including but not limited to Coronavirus (COVID–19).
For full details, please see your policy wording.
PLEASE REMEMBER: It is essential that you check the latest advice outlined by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) at www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice before departure. Our policies will NOT provide cover under any section of the policy if you travel to a country or specific area, where prior to travel, the FCDO are advising against all (or all but essential) travel.
We can provide Travel Insurance where the FCDO is advising against All Travel or All but Essential Travel with our High Risk Voyager product.
You have come to the right place to purchase Travel Insurance for your forthcoming travels; an award winning provider of Travel Insurance, to bring you a highly flexible and competitively priced range of Travel Insurance solutions.
Cover available includes Cancellation/Curtailment, Emergency Medical Expenses, Baggage, Travel Delay, Missed Departure, Personal Accident and much more.
If you are going skiing or snowboarding, you can add Winter Sports cover to your Single Trip (max. 31 days trip duration), Annual Multi-Trip (max. 21 days), or Long Stay (max. 31 consecutive days) policy.
Voyager Travel Insurance can cover a wide range of sports and activities, some, however, may require an additional premium in order to be covered by your Travel Insurance policy.
Voyager Plus Travel Insurance Key Features
Voyager Plus Travel Insurance offers a range of different policies depending on the type of holiday you are taking, such as Short Stay cover, Annual Multi-Trip insurance and Long Stay policies (Standard, Enhanced and Prime levels of cover only) for those people going abroad for several months.
Annual Multi-Trip features
- Covers multiple trips in any one year, for up to 45 days (31 days for those aged 70-74) on any one trip
- Business travel included (Business plus option also available)
- Maximum age 74 years
Single Trip features
- Covers trips up 62 days in duration
Please Note: Max duration of 31 days for those aged 75-84 for Worldwide including and excluding North America policies. Max duration of 31 days also applicable to ALL individuals aged 85 years and over, for travel Worldwide.
- Discounts for families (kids go free)
- No age limit!
Long stay features
- Cover for trips up to 18 months (extendable to 24 months upon referral)
- Option to extend policy from abroad
- Maximum age 59 years
- Choice of 4 Levels of Cover - Standard, Enhanced, Prime and Supreme
- Medical Expenses - Up to £10 million
- Cancellation - Up to £10,000
- Holiday Financial Protection - Up to £3,000
- Personal Possessions - Up to £3,500
- Disruption - Up to £1,000
- Abandonment - Up to £10,000
- Personal Liability - Up to £3 million
- 24 Hour Medical Assistance Helpline
- Comprehensive Sports and Activities Cover
To be eligible to purchase these insurance products you must be at least 18 years of age, resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or eligible European Economic Area (EEA) countries and registered with a medical practitioner in your home country. For full details please read the policy wording by clicking here.
Important Information for Customers with Serious Medical Conditions - For UK Residents Only
MoneyHelper has developed a directory of specialist travel insurance to ensure customers with pre-existing medical conditions are easily able to obtain access to affordable travel insurance. If we are unable to help you and you are struggling to find medical cover that suits your needs, due to a serious medical condition, you may find a company that can help you through the MoneyHelper travel insurance directory www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en/everyday-money/insurance/travel-insurance-directory or by calling 0800 138 7777 - Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm.