Voyager Plus Already Departed Travel Insurance
Important Information Regarding Voyager Plus Travel Insurance & COVID-19 / CoronavirusRead more
This policy will ONLY provide cover for claims directly or indirectly related to a pandemic and/or epidemic, including but not limited to Coronavirus (COVID–19) within the following sections:
Section 1.2 - Cancellation cover as a result of COVID-19
Section 2 - Emergency Medical Expenses & Repatriation - Additional Travel and Accommodation Expenses in respect of COVID-19
Please be aware that the coverage provided under Section 1.2 - Cancellation cover as a result of COVID-19, applies if it is necessary and unavoidable to cancel your planned trip. You are covered, notwithstanding General Exclusions 30 and 31, for cancellation as a result of an insured person testing positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the trip departure date, or an insured person being admitted to hospital due to testing positive for COVID-19 within 28 days of the trip departure date.
Section 1.2 - Cancellation cover as a result of COVID-19 does not provide cover for any claim relating to coronavirus (COVID-19):
- for any claims for curtailment of the trip due to COVID-19;
- if you are advised to quarantine or you choose to self-isolate due to a person you have come into contact with having COVID-19;
- if a medical professional advises you not to travel as you have underlying health conditions that place you ‘at a higher risk’ from COVID-19;
- if the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office(FCDO) advise against all (or all but essential) travel to your intended destination;
- if local government restrictions or directives prohibiting or restricting entry (for example, self isolation, quarantine or lockdown measures) to your intended destination or on your return home;
- for any costs of COVID-19 testing;
- for any claim where a relative, travelling companion or close business colleague not insured on the policy contracts or shows symptoms of COVID-19.
For Section 2 - Emergency Medical Expenses, cover is now available for your chosen level of cover for the necessary costs incurred as a result of you sustaining unexpected symptoms of or testing positive for COVID-19 or death during your trip in respect of; additional travel and accommodation expenses (on a bed & breakfast basis) to enable you to return home if you are unable to travel as originally planned. A maximum amount of £2,000 per insured person applies if you have to extend your trip because you have tested positive for COVID-19 as well as additional travel and accommodation expenses (on a bed & breakfast basis) for a travelling companion to stay with you and accompany you home, or a relative or friend to travel from your home country to stay with you and accompany you home.
Please Note: There is no cover for any costs of COVID-19 testing, unless you are admitted to hospital as an in-patient outside of your home country, as a result of an accident or illness that is covered under section 2 - Emergency Medical Expenses.
There is no cover under Section 1.2: Cancellation or Curtailment, Section 2: Emergency Medical Expenses and Section 3: Hospital Stay Benefit, unless you have received the recommended number of doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (including any booster) recommended by the Government of the country in which you ordinarily reside, 14 days prior to your trip commencing. This vaccination requirement shall not apply where you were ineligible for vaccination, or unable to receive the vaccine for medical reasons, and this is shown in your medical records.
There is no cover under ALL other sections of cover for any claims directly or indirectly related to a pandemic and/or epidemic including but not limited to Coronavirus (COVID–19).
For full details, please see your policy wording.
PLEASE REMEMBER: It is essential that you check the latest advice outlined by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) at www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice before departure. Our policies will NOT provide cover under any section of the policy if you travel to a country or specific area, where prior to travel, the FCDO are advising against all (or all but essential) travel.
We can provide Travel Insurance where the FCDO is advising against All Travel or All but Essential Travel with our High Risk Voyager product.
Looking for Travel Insurance but you've already left home... Don't worry, you're in the right place with Voyager Plus Already Departed Travel Insurance
We've all done it before, packed your bags, headed to the airport, even reached our destination only to remember we forgot that one thing we swore we weren't going to forget. Whilst you should be able to quite easily buy yourself a new top, some spare socks, or an electrical adaptor wherever you land, it can be much trickier trying to arrange Travel Insurance when you're already on holiday!
Whether your previous Travel Insurance expired and you didn't realise or you just forgot to take out a policy, Voyager Plus Already Departed Cover is designed specifically for people who need to buy Travel Insurance even though they've already left on their trip.
Most people don't realise that as soon as you leave your home for your holiday, in Travel Insurance terms, you are considered to have departed on your trip. This means standard Travel Insurance policies are unlikely to be able to cover you as they require you to have bought the policy before leaving on your getaway.
Not only is Voyager Plus Already Departed Cover available to purchase after leaving your home, our policies will also provide you with many of the same benefits that you would expect on a standard policy, such as:
- Curtailment cover - up to £10,000
- Emergency Medical Expenses (including repatriation) - up to £10,000,000
- Baggage - up to £3,500
- Missed Departure / Journey Disruption - up to £1,000
- Plus so much more!
Voyager Travel Insurance can cover a wide range of sports and activities, some, however, may require an additional premium in order to be covered by your Travel Insurance policy, to find out which sports are covered by the policy please see the policy wording.
Get a Voyager Plus Travel Insurance Quote Now...
Voyager Plus Already Departed Cover Terms & Conditions
Below are the Terms & Conditions relating to taking out an Already Departed Travel Insurance policy after your trip has begun:
- We are unable to offer cover for ANY Pre-Existing Medical Conditions as medical screenings are not available on an already departed basis.
- Cover is only available on Short Stay or Long Stay policies. Already Departed Cover is not available on an Annual Multi-Trip basis.
- The start date of cover must be the day following the purchase of your policy.
- Cover must be arranged for the remaining period of your trip - so long as your trip does not exceed the maximum duration allowed on a Voyager Plus policy (Maximum of up to 62 days* on Short Stay policies and up to 24 months* on Long Stay policies).
- The 14 day 'cooling off period' for cancelling your policy will not apply.
- There is a 14 day waiting period before medical expenses cover commences in respect of illness.
*please see the policy wording for full details.
Voyager Plus Already Departed Travel Insurance Key Features
Voyager Plus Travel Insurance offers a range of different policies depending on the type of holiday you are taking, such as Short Stay cover and Long Stay policies (Standard, Enhanced and Prime levels of cover only) for those people going abroad for several months.
Single Trip features
- Covers trips up 62 days in duration
Please Note: Max duration of 31 days for those aged 75-84 for Worldwide including and excluding North America policies. Max duration of 31 days also applicable to ALL individuals aged 85 years and over, for travel Worldwide.
- Discounts for families (kids go free)
- No age limit!
Long stay features
- Cover for trips up to 18 months (extendable to 24 months upon referral)
- Option to extend policy from abroad
- Maximum age 59 years
- Choice of 4 Levels of Cover - Standard, Enhanced, Prime and Supreme
- Emergency Medical Expenses - Up to £10 million
- Curtailment - Up to £10,000
- Holiday Financial Protection - Up to £3,000
- Baggage - Up to £3,500
- Journey Disruption - Up to £1,000
- Personal Liability - Up to £3 million
- 24 Hour Medical Assistance Helpline
- Comprehensive Sports and Activities Cover
To be eligible to purchase these insurance products you must be at least 18 years of age, resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or eligible European Economic Area (EEA) countries and registered with a medical practitioner in your home country. For full details please read the policy wording by clicking here.
Important Information for Customers with Serious Medical Conditions - For UK Residents Only
MoneyHelper has developed a directory of specialist travel insurance to ensure customers with pre-existing medical conditions are easily able to obtain access to affordable travel insurance. If we are unable to help you and you are struggling to find medical cover that suits your needs, due to a serious medical condition, you may find a company that can help you through the MoneyHelper travel insurance directory www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en/everyday-money/insurance/travel-insurance-directory or by calling 0800 138 7777 - Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm.